Jeff's Journey will be a place where family and friends can come to get updates on our dad's condition and progress. We have a long road ahead of us and we hope that this blog can serve not only as a place for updates but also as a journal of strength and remembrance. We have faith in our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ and we know that through our faith and perseverance our dad will be healed. Though we have been told that the chances are slim (1 in 200,000) that our dad will walk again, we will be by his side to help him beat those odds. Our dad will make it through this challenging trial and we will be there to help him every step of the way! We love you DAD & GRANDPA!!

Thursday, December 7, 2017

It's time for a update.

The hand-cycle I want is not going to be available until the spring of 2018. Although that is disappointing it gives us more time to raise the funds for the hand-cycle, and hopefully for a sit-ski before the 2018-19 ski season. I was able to get both the CAF & Kelly Brush grants to wait until the equipment is available. I would like to thank all those that have helped so far. We are going to do a fundraising ride in the spring to help raise the needed funds. I will add any new updates as they become available.

I was able to ride a road hand-cycle over 1100 miles so far this year, Thanks to all those that helped make this possible. I am looking forward to triple that next year with an off road hand-cycle when I get it. I have started skiing this year and am hoping to ski many times this season. It will be much easier and quicker if I have my own sit-ski that fits me and stays setup for me.

Thanks again,
Jeff


No comments: