Jeff's Journey will be a place where family and friends can come to get updates on our dad's condition and progress. We have a long road ahead of us and we hope that this blog can serve not only as a place for updates but also as a journal of strength and remembrance. We have faith in our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ and we know that through our faith and perseverance our dad will be healed. Though we have been told that the chances are slim (1 in 200,000) that our dad will walk again, we will be by his side to help him beat those odds. Our dad will make it through this challenging trial and we will be there to help him every step of the way! We love you DAD & GRANDPA!!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 20 - September 12, 2015 - From Jeff

Hi all. It's been a week since we've been back in Utah now, as we got here last Saturday. It's been great to have everyone come visit and talk. I appreciate your time it takes to come see me. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible. Today was a very difficult day. I woke up with a fever and with no energy at all. Then later in the day I got the shakes and all I could do was just lay and shake. It was tough.

I did make it to my therapy and did very well at trying to balance on the side of the bed. They keep telling me I'm doing much better than average. It takes so much energy to do so little and then leaves me exhausted. I hope that I can figure out my pain meds, my other meds, and my diet so that I don't have to go through so many highs and lows and suffer so much for working out and trying to eat. It will be great when we get all that figured out. But they tell me that it just takes time.
Tomorrow is our Stake Conference and today the Area Representative of the Quorum of the 70's and our Stake President came to visit. We had a good visit and I received a blessing. It basically said I will be healed as God wills and I won't be inhibited to accomplish all that I desire to accomplish in this life.

In the evening Steven and Barb Moffat came to visit. It was nice that I was feeling better by then and to visit with them after I felt so crappy all day.

No comments: