By Peggy Page
September 6, 2015
Home
16 days later; surprisingly the time passed very quickly. I know the Lord's guiding spirit was with us,
the blessings continually flowed into our hearts and into the hands of Jeff's
caretakers. My youngest son, Randy,
called each day to follow his brother's progress and make sure his mom was
holding up. On Friday, he asked if we
were taking the opportunity to be missionaries.
At the moment I was typing on Jeff's laptop his testimony of the
opportunities he experienced with every
nurse, inquiring of their beliefs, receiving their responses of yes; they all
believed in a higher power. The door
would open and Jeff shared his belief in Heavenly Father, and in his Son, Jesus
Christ and in the Holy Ghost. Annette
and I also were able to be disciples of Jesus Christ showing
gratitude and kindness in their care for Jeff. We exchanged information about our personal
lives as did they with us, creating a bond of trust and respect. On Friday night as Annette, Jay and I left
for the night, we once again expressed our gratitude for the tremendous care
Jeff received to Nurse Kate, she replied, " You know it is reciprocal, as
our entire staff feel the same way for you.
Jeff is our very favorite patient/family. We go home with happiness and look forward to
another day to spend at work, hoping we were assigned to Jeff." We cried, we laughed, we bantered about, we
questioned, we were instructed ,we were encouraged, and hugs were always
available. Yes, Randy, we are
missionaries.
As I
unpacked and settled in last night, I noticed one of my favorite houseplants
was totally drooping, obviously suffering from lack of water. It is located in my bathroom, yes, I keep a
houseplant in the bathroom. I doubted it
would come back, but with hope, water and a few drops of Miracle Grow, I gave
it the test. During the night I checked
on it at least two times, still drooped.
I turned on KBYU very early this morning to listen to previous talks,
given on different occasions at BYU, to take my mind in a positive
direction. I listened to two talks
before I fell back to sleep. When I woke
up I heard a reference to a scripture, so I jotted it down. As I walked into my bathroom, my houseplant
had returned to its previous height, which delighted my plant-loving soul. There was a combined message for me to find
this morning. In the Book of Mormon,
Alma 5:14-16, And now behold, I ask of
you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your
countenances? Have ye experienced this
mighty change in your hearts? Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who
created you? Do you look forward with an
eye to faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this
corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according
to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body? I say unto you, can you
imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in
that day: Come unto to me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the
works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?
No comments:
Post a Comment